Mt. Carmel Stabilization Group, Inc. - Kansas City, MO
Who we are:
Mt. Carmel Stabilization Group, Inc. is the world’s largest and leading stabilization contractor dating back to 1949. The company has a strong emphasis on employee and customer satisfaction and a reputation of superior quality and capability. We are seeking a Regional Area Engineer who will be responsible for geotechnical/pavement engineering assistance and regional marketing efforts. The ideal candidate will possess experience in geotechnical and construction materials testing, specifically for chemically stabilized soil and full-depth reclamation. The position will be based in Overland Park, KS.
1. Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering
2. 6+ years’ experience in civil engineering, construction, geotechnical, and/or pavement engineering
3. Professional Engineer’s license in KS or MO or the ability to obtain a license within 6 months
4. General understanding of geotechnical and pavement engineering concepts, specifically chemically stabilized soil and full-depth reclamation
5. Experience with Kansas DOT, Missouri DOT, and FAA specifications and projects
6. Experience troubleshooting construction issues
7. Experience with geotechnical and construction materials laboratory testing
8. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Work, Powerpoint)
9. Willingness to learn new skills, attentiveness to detail, and multi-tasking ability
10. Must be able to demonstrate capabilities in all facets of construction marketing including:
b. Case Studies including written, web, video, etc.
c. Social media
d. Technical marketing including engineering, project evaluation, value engineering, etc.
e. Other passive marketing efforts, etc.
1. Provide engineering technical support for active area projects
2. Review geotechnical and pavement data during bidding to assist with proposals and bids
3. Research and provide solutions to stabilization and earthwork construction challenges
4. Review and analyze construction material field and laboratory data during construction
5. Resolve geotechnical and pavement engineering field problems
6. Engage with design professionals on applications of chemically stabilized soil and full-depth reclamation
7. Become an active member in industry-related organizations and activities
8. Prepare and present research and case studies at conferences and industry events Implementing different strategies based on unique conditions in each market
9. The position will have an emphasis in Kansas City, Missouri and neighboring states. However, extensive travel will be required!
For any questions, please reach out to Mackenzie Weinzapfel